Saturday, February 11, 2012

Update

Hello. It's been a while since I posted other than part of the 12 week challenge, so I thought I would.

Since Jan 1st, I have lost 12lbs (as of mon jan 6th), feeling better about myself and working on running. As you know we've been working on the couch to 5km again. I am currently on week 3, which is 90 seconds of run, 90 sec walk, 3 min run, 3 min walk repeat. Some days I get through this ok, and some days I struggle. Here's a pic of me after my last run Friday. (please excuse the sports bra peeking out the side).


I ran hard and did over 4km in 35 mins, which is a LOT for me (my 4.5km was 39 mins for the fun run). The picture does not clearly show just how red my face was and the sweat dripping off me.

Anyway, it's going to be a few more runs before I can move up to the next week, which is 3 mins then 5 mins run. I'm not quite ready for that yet. I haven't had side stitches in a few runs, I seem to have been able to rewire my breathing without thinking too much except for right at the beginning of trying to fix the issue. Also, my knee is not too bad as of late. I've been icing it as soon as I can afterwards and it seems to be helping.

We have been counting calories for a month now, and it's going pretty well. I don't so much like rest days though. I always feel like I'm not going to have enough to eat.
We've also been doing more classes. We're going to a light and low class, which is really neither, and have been to pump and zumba and a surprise circuit class (was meant to be light and low). I think we've been doing really well with eating and being active and I'm happy with my running improvements. I feel like my endurance is slowly increasing and I don't always feel like I'm going to die if I run for 3 minutes straight. YAY.

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment