Monday, July 30, 2012
I don't really want to be here, but sadly it's out of my control. I'm trying to eat pretty well, which is difficult when you just get back to where there are lots of delicious things you haven't had in a long time.
Not sure what else to say right now. I hope this boot camp can help me get over this hump because it's so frustrating when you're doing all the right things but not getting the results.
Tuesday, April 24, 2012
Honestly I often feel like giving up. What's the point of all my efforts if I'm getting NO results anymore? The wind is seriously coming out of my sails and I feel like I'm just drifting. I'm working hard and nothing is coming of it. I've thought about stopping counting my calories, as when we lost weight the last time we didn't count, and it seemed to come off easily then, so I don't know if I'm too focused on that or what.
I've also considered stopping running. I feel frustrated with that as well. Yesterday morning, got up before 6am to go for a run. I honestly ran for about a minute and realised I didn't have it in me. Talk about frustrating. When I run with Melanie, I feel like I hold her back. She runs at a faster pace and can run for longer than I can. So either I'm holding her back, or I feel pushed TOO much (not intentionally by her, more of my own need to try to keep up). Then I feel pissed off that I can't.
So I don't know anymore.
That's it for today.
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
So many families live in this area. It is just 5 minutes drive form my own home. Houses lost their roof, Families lives and belongings ripped out from under them. Some while they lay sleeping in their beds. So tonight while your all cosy in your beds. Please spare a though and a little prayer for these families.
I drove through this area later in the day to go check on a good friend who wasn't answering her phone, And the disaster that I seen just rendered me speechless.
|My girlfriend and her family live just near here.|
|A home destroyed.|
Looking at this map..there is still a lot of nasty weather to come.
Edited to add this link to another video.
Till next time.
Sunday, March 11, 2012
|After I cooled down. My Pink Do Life Shirt made a debut!|
Since my Last update I have also hit 20 lbs ( that is almost 10kg) lost so far!! I can really see the difference too. Ad my clothes are showing it too!
|8 Jan 2012|
|4 March 2012|
On the running front...I did C25k Week 5 day 3 today!!! 21 minutes of NON STOP RUNNING!!!!! I cold not believe that I actually did it!! I was a little bit scared of it to be honest. But today I just didn't stop after my first 8 minute run and just kept at it. I was so happy at my 20 min mark...I just kept going!! I finished off with a couple of shorter intervals. I finally feel like a popper runner. *Happy Sigh*
Things around here have been crazy with work, Kids, Sa at uni and general life.But We are feeling good and like we are back on track. Im on holidays form work in just over a week, and Im REALLY looking forward to it. really will try to update here more. I know Sa will Likely be along to update too.
Till nest time Little blog,
Saturday, February 25, 2012
But today...I started the 8 week challenge at our gym. 8 weeks of gut busting, supplements ( a new lean chicken and salads- Im sorry I love my steak!! So at this stage I plan to cut night carbs, Increase my protein and introduce some supplements into my day as well. The workouts will step up a notch too.
I'm starting this at 85.5kg and looking to lose at least 10-15kg out of this process. It will be full on and intense. But I want to make it worthwhile. It is ONLY 8 weeks. I want to challenge myself and be fitter at the end of this. Im VERY Excited about it!!
Tomorrow is my first ever "Bootcamp". Im not afraid to admit...Im terrified. Eeeep. Another new thing for me. But Im gonna give it all I got. So Im sure the following weeks will be full of exciting updates and info. will try to get some new Pictures up too. i WILL get here more often...I know i have dropped the ball. But hey..Im here now. ;)
What doesn't kill us makes us stronger...Right?!
Monday, February 20, 2012
Total minutes = 238
Lost .6 kg on 06/02/12 Lost 1kg 13/02/12 (total 1.6kg) Gain 20/02/12 0.3kg (was throwing up night before previous weigh in and ate 500 calories that day) (Monday in weigh in)
I started week 4 of C25K this week. 2 3 min runs, 2 5 min runs. I can do the first three intervals no problem but I struggle around halfway through the last interval.
I also started back at uni today, so back to studying and fun fun fun. (notice the sarcasm). That is all for today.
Sunday, February 12, 2012
Later in the week I was feeling pretty run down. I had two long shifts (one late night) this week back to back and on top of working out and home commitments I was feeling a bit burnt out. But I rested up Friday night. Pumped an extra dose of Vit b6 sups on Saturday. And I was good as gold.
been working hard at getting in my net calories too. Some days ahve been harder then others. i struggle to cover what Im burning off.
But Now Onto the Challenge!
WEEK SIX CHALLENGES:
Focus on your excuses again. Write them down and defeat them.
-Work: Been working out BEFORE. And If not before. Getting it in at night. :)
Commit to exercising all seven days even if it's just active recovery.
Get outside the box. One day, do an exercise routine you've NEVER done. Go to Zumba, try a swim class, go rollerblading. It doesn't matter what it is, but give it your all and push hard.
|Surprise Circuit we walked into!|
Intermediate-Advanced: Do your scheduled routine but add a workout from your partner.
- Regular workout CHECK! Late Night extra Run CHECK! Workout from Buddy...Um. No. But we did convince each other to NOT chicken out of the Circuit class. So that Counts ...right?
Message your partner telling them to give you an assignment.
Stay connected with your partner.
- Melissa And I check in with each other daily ( living together it is rather handy!) But we always make sure that we are not over doing it and Push each other when we need it. :)
Send the Men in Black to my apartment to zap out the Super Bowl. Do not want to remember.
|"It was a bad bad dream, Superbowl hasn't been played. In fact the game was cancelled. Due to a Pocket of Swamp gas exploding and knocking out the Satellites."|
Push hard, guys. We have to stick with it even when it's getting monotonous.
|After the Class On Thursday.|
Work Out breakdown for this week!:
Push Ups- No idea how many. Just kept going till I couldn't do any more.
Till next week Do lifers!
Saturday, February 11, 2012
I ran hard and did over 4km in 35 mins, which is a LOT for me (my 4.5km was 39 mins for the fun run). The picture does not clearly show just how red my face was and the sweat dripping off me.
Sunday, February 5, 2012
It has been a good week work out wise. And even my running has been on track!
But now for my submission.
- Continue to eat well and track my food.
- Lose 6 kg this month.
- Continue the C25k running program!
- Run 5k in less than 35 minutes.
- Cook some more fun and healthy meals for the family.
Plank goal:1 min 20 sec.
I didn't send my Buddy a workout. But At the gym today we did shake things up a bit. I had us doing 2 x 20 crunches with a medicine ball ( with a person standing on the feet) and rotate out with our friend Kelly. One of us Crunched whilst the other Did Jumping Jacks x 20 and Push ups x10 and repeat. We switched out till all of us had done each station.
Jumping Jacks this week, I managed 150 - will try To squeeze in some more this afternoon to finish them up!
Really enjoying thee challenges so far!!
My activity for the week was:
Monday: Serious housework 120 mins
Tuesday: Light and Lo - 70 mins
Wednesday: Run 34 mins 4.03 k
Thursday: rest Day
Friday: Run 34 mins and 4.07 k , bike 9:33 4:16 km and 35 mins of Weights.
Saturday :worked all day - rest day.
Sunday: Run 34 Mins running -4.3 k, 45 mins Strength and weights.
= 381.5 mins of exercise this week!
This goal is going well too. Now this is my new norm, so I'm removing this as a goal too.
NEW WEEK 5 GOALS
1. run/jog 3x per week continuing goal
2. 5 km changed to building endurance during my c25k. By March I'd like to be starting week 5 of the program.
Monday: 90 mins heavy cleaning (The type that makes you sweat)
Sunday, January 29, 2012
1.Pushed beyond her struggles ( Running - stitch/sore knees and back) to continue running.
2. Eating well and even trying new things! *yay*
3. Improved her Fun run time on last year by 2 minutes!
4. Puts up with My crazy desire to run ( and tags along too) and even crazier ideas like doing two classes at the gym Back to back.
Melissa has not ever really shown any desire to run, it wasn't anything that she thought that she would be able to do. She has been running with me now since I started on this crazy quest. She extends herself through the pain of sore knees and most recently Stitches in her side , and the heat and humidity of running "fun runs" on hot and muggy Australian summer days. She pushes her self above her limits when I suggest doing crazy things that she isn't always sure she can do. Saturday, I decided I was going to do 2 classes. Back to back. A "Pump/weights" class followed right up with a Zumba class. She was doubtful about doing them, but still came and rocked it out. It had been tough, But she finished both classes, even though she was well and truely out of energy. Her determination to succeed in-spite of maybe not being the fastest runner or being within her comfort zone inspires me to push myself just that little bit more. She is rockin!
Why Sunshine should win this weeks challenge.
With Sunshine as my workout buddy, she always pushes me to go just a little further than I’d do myself. “just a little further Sa, just run to that tree, just to that pole, to that car”. She’s supportive and encouraging and I couldn’t ask for a better workout partner. If I have an issue (back pain, stitches, knee pain) she looks into what could help me with it. I honestly know that without her, I’d still be in size 22 sitting on the couch watching the world go by around me.
Even though we may have slipped a little through a very rough year, we’ve both got back on it and are working hard to get back to ourselves. Our healthy selves.
4 things that impressed me this week about Sunshine
1. Encouraging work mates to participate in a race when they wouldn’t have on their own.
2. Beating her own time from last year by 4 minutes at the fun run!! AWESOMENESS!!
3. Suggesting we do BOTH Pump AND zumba, right after each other. Perhaps insanity
4. Constantly having a positive and can do attitude even when she looks like she’s pushed herself within an inch of death after a workout!
Basically, Sunshine is a positive inspiring woman who deserves to win, perhaps she hasn’t inspired as many people as Mr. Ben here, but there are many many people whose lives are better because of her.
Friday, January 27, 2012
|2012 Aussie day Fun run - Mel|
I have to say I have really started to enjoy running and have decided to do the upcoming Mother's day ( May) run too. So hopefully by then my speed and Endurance will have built up! I never really thought I would or could be a runner. But I hope that by the end Of the year I will be both.
Again I say there was really nothing FUN about this run.... but I did it, and in two minutes less than last year's time to boot. WITH knee pain, a pita knee brace that kept pinching and bunching and side stitches, by slightly more than two minutes!
Monday, January 23, 2012
- Policeman/woman in your town wearing a Do Life shirt (2 points) or holding a homemade Do Life sign (1 point).
- You sitting on or standing next to a tricycle with a racing bib on. In public. Bonus points for helmet and sunglasses.
- Statue in your town wearing Do Life shirt (2 points) or wearing a Do Life sign around its neck (1 point).
- Ballerina pose during your next workout.
- The biggest chalk Do Life logo you can make. Outdoor basketball court?
|Doing Life at work!|
- Screenshot of your longest walk/run of the week. (http://mapmyrun.com in case you don't know how to map a run yet. Or any other mapping/GPS device.)
- You holding your biggest excuse on a piece of paper while defeating the excuse.
- You holding the DVD of AIR FORCE ONE starring HARRISON FORD the BEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME. Bonus point for your best Harrison Ford face. GET OFF MY PLANE.
- You in grocery store holding a pineapple and a watermelon. At the same time.
|I have a lovely bunch of.....|
- Your super healthy grocery list.
|Please do not touch the Tv.....WHOOPS!|
- You holding a "Team Edward" or "Team Jacob" sign at the local library.
- You with 80+year-old. Both giving the peace sign.
- $18.87 in change.
|Mixed Aus/Canadian $18.71|
- Picture of a homemade smoothie. Your hand must be in front of it giving a thumbs up.
- Recreate a famous picture/painting.
- You wearing seven shirts.
- You with as many other people holding Do Life signs. One point for every two people. 16 people = eight points. 100 people = 50 points.
- You wrapped in Christmas lights. And them turned on. I'm sorry. I know you JUST put them away.
- You in plank or pushup position. Outdoors.
- Picture of you finishing your toughest workout of the week. Or a re-enactment of your reaction upon finishing.
|Sunday at the gym is hard work!|
- Do Life Dog. (open to interpretation.)
- You at the most famous location in your town. Wearing Do Life shirt (2 points) holding Do Life sign (one point).
- You with an apple on your head with an arrow through it.
- You pointing to your city in an actual atlas.
- You in a music store rocking out.
- Do Life Cat. (open to interpretation.)
- You wearing your favorite sport's team's gear. Double peace sign.
|Go the NTH QLD COWBOYS!!!|
- You holding a sign with how many minutes you worked out this week.
- You with someone named Richard. If your name is Richard, you with someone named Lauren. No cheating! ("they won't know his name is actually Bob...")
- You sitting in bleachers cheering on a game that's not being played.
- A homemade painting of your biggest goal. No deductions for lack of painting skillz.
- A lawyer's business card. Five bonus points if the lawyer's name is Larry.
- You standing beside a Ferrari.
|My Son's red Ferrari!|
- Picture of you on a treadmill. (2 points if the time is 30+ minutes and you appear to have actually done the 30 minutes.)
|32 minutess In the bag.|
- You. In a boat.
- You on the top floor of a building.
- You high-fiving the grocery store cashier
- You in a top-hat.
- You running in a top-hat.
And that was all I got done. Damn work got in the way!
Sunday, January 22, 2012
Five quantifiable goals reassessed week 3
· No more junk food. Chips, chocolate, cookies are my downfall
-Nothing this week.
· run/jog 3 x/week
jogged twice brisk walk once
· Drink more than 3 bottles (600mls each) of water/day
-drinking 3 ½-5 bottles (depending on activity level) every day
· Improve my 5km a little time every time I do it
-I’m working on this, however the bathroom issue is a major hindrance when road running. Hit 43 mins this week
· Get out more with the kids walking (at least once a week)
plans to do this Friday …DONE and continuing
Last week 20, this week 22
Intermediate/Advanced: 30 extra minutes of intense work like last week + 200 jumping jacks. (all at once or spread out)
Monday: 3.35km 31 min jog
Tuesday: 3km in 30 min
Wednesday: (high activity work, allergy attack) 5km in 43 min
Thursday: 2.3 km in 30 mins
Friday: Blood donation
Saturday: mowed the lawn 45 minutes