Thursday, September 15, 2011

UGH and Other obscenities.

Ugh..Yep. This week has been a little lack lustre for me. Been eating well and exercising, BUT I have had several nights or really BAD sleep. Now for me to say they are really bad is a significant thing. I struggle with decent sleep on a daily basis,  I guess you could say I suffer from a form of insomnia.   I take herbal sleeping aids (Valerian, hops, passionflower etc) nightly to help me to get to sleep and wake somewhat refreshed. But for several nights I have woken up and been unable to get back to sleep for several hours. This resulted in me be flat out exhausted more than usual.  I was in a dazed fog on Tuesday, which lead to another issue. Whilst at the gym doing my thing I  have over done it a little and now my left knee (and my shins but not as much as my knee) is really causing me some discomfort. (pain!!!)  So no gym for me today. Will still try to get out and walk again. We did last night but I pushed it again and ran a little...probably shouldn't have..But I REALLY wanted too!  So I will be easing off on the running till it feels better. :(

On another note, scales are not being as nice to me this week. I put this down to a lot of soreness in my body and the fact I probably have not been drinking enough water. I know that water is very important when trying to lose weight ( and get healthy) and when Im busy I tend to forget. I did a few hours of housework yesterday and realised I had not drunk any water...Promptly got on that and felt a little better. I don't usually bring water with me when I walk either cause I hate carrying it and I usually chew gum. Another terrible habitat with water. But I do try to get at least my 2 litres in every day.

So today is also R U OK? day. This is a cause close to my heart, having struggled from depression and anxiety in my life. Its all about Suicide prevention. So many people out there feel so alone that they take their own lives,  leaving behind loved ones, families and children.  Simply asking those close to you, who might be struggling "R U OKAY?" could save their life. Have you asked your friends if they R OK lately??  I urge you to ask the question. It could make the difference to them. Do it today!

Anyway, Im feeling really good in myself, I feel fitter and already feeling more toned, less bloated and generally much healthier. and really when it all comes down to it, this is what Im aiming for. being a fitter, healthier, happier me.




No comments:

Post a Comment