Wednesday, January 26, 2011

"Fun" Run

First... I finished, and I wasn't last!!! Actually I did pretty good time at 41:50 for 4.5km. Probably about what I'd have done on the treadmill, BUT I had a hell of a time breathing. I was good until I started getting winded jogging and then I just couldn't catch my breath. It was about 30 degrees in the shade and let me tell you, it wasn't all shady. At one point, I told Melanie and Jeni to go off ahead. I kept them in view for most of the time but lost them at the bridge.

The running wasn't the issue for me, it was the heat/humidity. I didn't follow my podcast, I wouldn't have been able to make 3 mins at a time in that heat. I pushed as long as I could when I did run. At one point I looked across the river to see the leaders running past. BASTARDS I thought to myself.

I just kept pushing on. As much as I felt like stopping I just kept going. Passing person after person. I was hot and breathing heavy. I caught Melanie and Jeni in my sights again and was determined to catch up to them. Just before we entered the stadium again I DID! I was proud that I caught up to them even if I had to lag behind before, I made up for it!

I was exhausted at the end. It took all I had to run the last 150 meters or so, but I did it. Sweat dripping everywhere, blah.

Here was our route (I just wanted to add a picture :P)





At this point, I'm not keen on the Mothers Day run. The biggest thing is the weather. It will be cooling down by then so we'll see. *sigh* Likely I'll end up doing it 'cause I'm a sucker and will probably forget how badly off I was during this run.

No comments:

Post a Comment