Monday, January 17, 2011

Owwww, Damn and Bugger.

Weighed in this morning...I was only down .2 kg (200g). I was pissed...then I moved. OWWWWWWWWwwwww. I ache. The last few days besides running I have been doing some weights in an attempt to firm up some of those flabby bits.  So of course I can be certain that I have indeed lost more. But muscle soreness and recovery is occurring.  Does it suck on the scales. YES!  But I know by judging my body ( looser clothing, general muscle tone and  soreness) that I have indeed done better. Sa is pissed too...She GAINED. But we both have been pushing ourselves. We also had a decent sized meal last night..Roast chicken with Lots of Baked Pumpkin! ( We are both suckers for pumpkin!) So we plan to weight in again on Wednesday. 

Its important to remember to help your body to recover after a decent work out. Fluids!!  Drink lots..and sometimes you will need more then just water. Sports drinks and  re hydrating drinks can be useful.  We generally stick to sugar free ones. Just because We both try to reduce our sugar intake when we can. They are sometimes tricky to find though too. But remember to hydrate. ESPECIALLY when its hot.

Protein is important too. To help fuel you and build long lean strong muscles. So Supplements Like protein  Shakes and bars are useful. Again I lean towards higher protein with Less carbs because Im very carb sensitive and I make sure that the carbs I do eat are useful.

And stretching. Make sure that you effectively stretch your body before and after a strenuous work out. It helps to decrease soreness and cramping. Remember also if you are sore...Keep training unless the pain is crippling. Active recovery is great to help relieve some of the muscle soreness.Keep it light but it will increase the blood flow to those muscles and aid in recovery.

Remember to know your body.
Signs of Injury:
If you experience any of the following symptoms, stop exercising immediately and seek treatment:
  • Sudden, severe pain
  • Swelling
  • Extreme tenderness
  • Extreme weakness in a limb
  • Inability to place weight on a leg or foot
  • Inability to move a joint through its full range of motion
  • Visible dislocation or broken bone
  • Numbness or tingling -- this could be a sign of nerve compression and should especially not be ignored. 

I hope that this helps you to understand more about training and getting fit. Remember..keep moving and stay active!!!*

* Im currently undertaking My Certificate III in firness, But Im no way a professional yet. Remember to seek advice from a professional if you have any doubts or concerns. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment