Tuesday, January 17, 2012

calorie counting

So today my friends, I'm going to discuss calorie counting.
Melanie and I started doing this a few days ago. The first few days seemed great. I was WAY under my calorie goal, although I understand this may not be a good thing either, but it was due to exercise, adding between 300-500 calories. Today, I worked and we did not make it to light and low class that we'd usually attend, and so my calorie goal was lower, and right now, I'm about 400 calories away from that without dinner included.


This makes me stress a little. I feel myself worrying I'm going to go over, why precisely this worries me so much I don't know, but it does. I have increased activity today, due to chasing 3 year olds around and picking up after them, but I'm a very visual person and me seeing the numbers creep up is freaking me out a little. I feel like either I HAVE to go do something tonight, or I can only eat a small amount of dinner. I've been working so hard to get fit again, that I feel like I'm going to ruin something if I eat just a little more than my goal is.

Besides this, yesterday we went to get up for a run at 6am and it was raining. So we went to the gym and ran on the treadmill instead. I ran 15 minutes and had to hop off (thankfully the bathroom was about 10 ft away), got back on and *cue holy music* My stats were still on the screen. YAY! My legs are starting to ache a bit, from running a lot more than I'm used to. We went bowling yesterday afternoon as well with the kids, and my hips are very sore and stiff today. They had a great time, we were beat by an 11 year old on the first game, and I won the second game but my score was still horrendous!



Well, that's it today. I'm freaking about calories, not eating enough with a workout and eating too much without a workout, and I'm sore.




No comments:

Post a Comment